Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2010

Essence Sun Delicious LE with a lot of pictures

Hey there :)

Today I've got an whole collection of polishes for you, the Sun Delicious Limited Edtion from Essence which came out this month.

If you don't want to read/hear about my little rant, skip this paragraph:
First off, my little rant about the recent "LE Spam" from Essence. They releassed about 8 Limited Editions in the past 3months (including June/July). Even tough I live in the capital city, it was more than tiring and exhausting to hunt after the things you want to see in person before buying it. My favourite drugstore even hasn't got any room left for new displays because of this dilema. I hope it'll get better in the next few months. So  Essence, if you read this, please stop throwing your Limited Editions at us- or as we would say in German: "Qualität vor Quantität" (Quality, not quantity) .

Now, onto the polishes:
These varnishes are scented ones. Even tough their scent isn't as strong as the ones from Revlon, they have a sweet chocolate scent and this is what I've immediatly thought of after I sniffed:
I really love those but they are quite expensive and I try not to buy them too often ^^

Sunny Side Up is a yellow creme. It really has the color of yolk and applied well. I used 3 coats to even out the little bald spots.
Chocolicious is, as the name implieds, a chocolate brown. It doesn't have a shimmer and was quite glossy. 2 coats to reach opacity.
Raspberry Sorbet is a berry-magenta color. It's a creme and applied nicely with two coats.
Meet me at the club is a middle toned purple, leaning more to to the magenta-color. It has a copper,-gold-ish shimmer and needed 2 coats to be opaque, however, the shimmer doesn't transfer to the nail.
On Holiday... is a dark copper-brown with a really light foil finish. It's a bit hard to describe, it may be a half foil, half shimmer polish. This was my least favourite because even after the third coat you can see the brush strokes. I used 3 coats here.

Overall, I don't think some shades here are unique. You can even live without them, even without the purple one (and I'm a sucker for purples). One of the things that's nice about them, is that they have a pleasant smell. My favourites are Meet me at the Club and Sunny Side Up.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen