Freitag, 25. Februar 2011

I finally have a piece of a Starry Starry Night with a lot of pictures and a bonus

If you've wondered about the title, it's not that I've bought a bottle of Essie's Starry Starry Night. But a few weeks ago I finally placed my order at GingerkittyDesigns Etsy Shop. I couldn't resist buying the earrings and the ring. Tough I don't have Starry Starry Night, I do have Maybelline Twinkle Twinkle, which is a really close color.
The earring box
Before we start with the picture-spam, here's a little extra (ring) she included. (Laser insisted on wearing the ring ;) ) This ring was actually made with Orly Lunar Eclipse, but Sally Hansen Laser is a dupe for it.


Now, onto the "comparison" of Twinkle Twinkle and SSN: I couldn't really capture it, but Twinkle Twinkle is the teeny tiniest bit more purple than SSN. And you have to look really really close to capture it in person, you wouldn't notice it in a distance. I used two coats of Twinkle Twinkle, it was a bit gloopy tough but given it's age, it was still in pretty good "shape".
Some bottle-earring comparisons (I'd recommend you to click on the pictures):

one taken with flash
and some sun pictures

Thanks so much Tracey, I love all three pieces :)

Disclosure: I purchased the SSN earrings and the SSN ring myself, received Maybelline Twinkle Twinkle in a swap and the Crackle Ring was a gift. However, it did not affect my opinion about any of the products in this post